Thursday, August 22, 2013

Take Me Out to the Ball Game


While most of my writing on this blog is about Southbridge, it is called "The Massachusetts Observer," so this entry is roughly about Massachusetts, specifically a song and the Red Sox. I am sure that as fall gets underway, there will be more than enough opportunity to write about Southbridge.

Back to the song. You all know it. "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." It was written in 1908, and one of the first recordings was done on Edison Records by Edward Meeker. I have made a video of this recording and illustrated it with baseball cards from Red Sox players of the period. The lyrics are there, too!

I hope some of you will like this bit of summer diversion. All Southbridge Old Time Radio materials are posted on You Tube. Please consider subscribing to my channel.  Thanks.